incomplete Chris king rasta h/s bin £17

W W Biffta

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Damn, a bargain.. Might be rough looking, but the bearings will still go on for years..

Tried to get a new one from CRC a few days again [Sotto Voce version] but they're outta stock :? This woulda been perfect..

EDIT: Looks like bkt from here was the winner..

Saw that and thought....

£17 for headset plus

$35 for the lower bearing
$10 for the lower race
$18 for the top cap
$2 for the scuff washer

so at least $45 to get it working, or $65 to get it as per a new one on top of the £17 for the headset.

Not such a massive bargain (not that I'm wanting to piss on any chips here)

EDIT: Forgot the $7 for the snap-ring and seal kit to hold the bearing in, and I'm not sure that even Aspire sell the headset bearings seperately so you may have to send it off to get it replaced which will cost more. Bromley Bikes used to be the importers, maybe they have some spare bearings and bits, or Chainreaction seem to have a good selection

pete_mcc":3iwqcmf3 said:
Saw that and thought....

£17 for headset plus

$35 for the lower bearing
$10 for the lower race
$18 for the top cap
$2 for the scuff washer

so at least $45 to get it working, or $65 to get it as per a new one on top of the £17 for the headset.

Not such a massive bargain (not that I'm wanting to piss on any chips here)

EDIT: Forgot the $7 for the snap-ring and seal kit to hold the bearing in, and I'm not sure that even Aspire sell the headset bearings seperately so you may have to send it off to get it replaced which will cost more. Bromley Bikes used to be the importers, maybe they have some spare bearings and bits, or Chainreaction seem to have a good selection

petes correct, its £17 for a reason.

Yeah but for me it was ideal..

I have two frames that I switch the parts across from/to.. A HT and a 6"FSer.. I was just wanting the cups to shove in the HT frame so I don't have to a) keep moving the cups out of the FSer or b) buying a complete HS when all I need really are the cups ;)

kingroon":ghqjd58r said:
Yeah but for me it was ideal..

I have two frames that I switch the parts across from/to.. A HT and a 6"FSer.. I was just wanting the cups to shove in the HT frame so I don't have to a) keep moving the cups out of the FSer or b) buying a complete HS when all I need really are the cups ;)

well if its a dog to get sorted when it arrives you can have it for what i paid if ya fancy :? . and yeah i think you may have pissed on my chips a bit

bkt":svo86o30 said:
..and yeah i think you may have pissed on my chips a bit

Sorry fella didn't mean to, but whats better disappointment now or after 3 days anticipation of its arrival?

Back