Retro Disc Brakes?

That rotor is way too small and weedy to be called retro.

this what a retro hope disc brake should look like...

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,129
i have the same disc set up sat in the garage waiting to be fitted-but like a moron have lost one of the pads
any idea where i can get new pads
can't remember the name of the set up,fairly certain its not the prostop ones but not 100%
mines identical to the photo,caliper,hub etc but not held on with a jubilee clip-looks like an adapted front mech band on fitting

any ideas on brake pads to fit?
cheers
tony

Tshzg, I think that's the mark 2 version you have (pic below)- put up some pics and someone will confirm.

You got different brackets for the different forks (mine is for pace forks) and the caliper is cnc'd instead of cast.

Pads are still available from hope, £12.50 a pair last time I ordered, you have to order through you local dealer, I don't have the part number with me but I could check over the weekend - if it is stamped on my spare pads.

Did you ever do anything with that small Trek Antelope I forgot to bid on? I might be interested.

david

Attachments

• mk2.jpg
    mk2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,093
a part number would be great
the trek is complete exept for a seat post
built it up for my youngest daughter but she didn't like it
ended up getting her a ddg shooter instead
no doubt it wil be moved on when it reaches the front of the stuff to do pile again
cheers
tony

Thats how they came scant, I was tempted to get something nicer made up but it has always done the job so I never bothered, it is stainless steel but I could say it is titainium if it helps save your eyesight. :)

Tony I'll try and get part numbers to you this week but I have had a very busy weekend without any bike fun so it might take me a little longer.

Back