job lot.. (explosif content)

W W Biffta

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nope your right - its a 1994 era Explosif.

Pretty good buy I guess but there's a lot of bikes there to fit in the boot.

If I had a van I'd be tempted to grab that lot - do each bike up and sell each one for 50 quid collected in the local ads. People will snap them up at £50 a shot. Especially with Summer coming.

Anyone tempted to go halves?

I can't really see you making much money considering the effort required. Assuming you want to take the Kona for free, then the other bikes are about £15 each, they look like they'll all need a new chain, some look like the saddle is knackered, then there's cables, inner tubes etc. So you'll probably end up spending £10 - 15 on each bike to make a £20 profit (not accounting for your time). All that effort to make £300? I've made more from stripping and flipping a single bike....

The Explosif is a size 16, so I guess worth a bit less than an 18 or 19. I wonder whether that is its original ti handlebar? It doesn't look like its original Velocity stem has survived though, any more than the O-Beam. And a possibly knackered Marzocchi XCR isn't worth a lot, although I guess it could be useful for someone who likes garage queens.

We need a van.

Im in if you are.

I have a garage - I dont mind putting a bunch of these in my garage and sprucing them up. Good project and I like messing with old heaps.

Back