KILAUEA........THRASHED?? ebay.co.uk

hmmm yeah plus the seller states 'i am not wise on bikes'.......
could be a ringer, either that or hes found it at the tip :D

Is it the forks (not being P2s) that make it look weird or has the bike been involved in a head on collision?

CTK":1quadwxy said:
Is it the forks (not being P2s) that make it look weird or has the bike been involved in a head on collision?

yeah think its been in a collision with a towsend asda £80 special :LOL:

It's a 1996 Kilauea, made of Columbus Cyber Nivacrom, the lightest of all the Kilaueas and a very good quality frame.

That said, it's not clear from the ad what you're getting that's any good, aside from the frame. Even there, I'm not sure I'm too keen on the look of the rust patch on the seat tube underneath the FM band.

forks look intact and straight to me, i think he probably just got them as cheapo ahead jobs. non original headset/stem too so was probly all done at the same time. id guess he liked the stem and someone told him he'd have to replace the whole lot to use it. you know what ppl are like.
dunno about the rust, but he says you can view it so doesnt look like hes trying to hide anything. not a 19" tho is it? wheelset is quite good, but the rear could be a write off. assume the rest is skip fodder
postage is steep but if the bids stay low could be a good buy.

Yes it is a size 19.

Some people seem to think the task of tightening the fm clamp bolt is a test of strength to see if you're strong enough to destroy your frame. Unfortunately you don't need to be very strong to do that, so all too many of them succeed. That's what the damage looks like to me - over-tightened clamp, tube distorted enough to crack the paint, water gets underneath, substantial area of 'surface rust'. The area is sufficiently wide that I would want to scrape that rust away to see how deep it goes before I made an offer on that frame. If it really is just surface, then ok it can be kurusted and painted. If he knew more about bikes, I think he would pay more attention to that area.

fair enough, i not had alot of experience with fitting front mechs, they just wind me up too much.
pretty bad pics too, ive asked him for a closeup of that area and the drivetrain, see what happens.

Latest posts

Back