Peugeot PX-10 - is this legit?

pirate

Dirt Disciple
Hi All

Very tempted to hit 'buy it now' i am not sure if this is the px10 though, i notice the cable guides on the top of the frame are missing, have asked for confirmation on the frame tubes but no response yet

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120385504907

I hope it is legit and none of you bid first lol

TIA

Pirate

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
the serial number will tell you, there are better bikes for less if you want a genuine PX-10 frame (I've just sold mine....)

Thanks for the reply

My aim is to fulfil my childhood dream, of owning a "Robert Millar replica bike" although i guess the pro's were riding the first carbon fibre / aluminium mixed frames in '84

I would like a decent lightweight Reynolds steel tubed frame (has to be steel, had two aluminium bikes and sold them on, could do no more than 35-40miles on them), and try and find an old groupset or bits of, any help will be greatly apreciated

Regards

Pirate

Well i got a reply

The cable guides were cut off and ground down and the frame is Reynolds 501

I wont be buying that then lol

Puegeot were a bit like a French version of Dawes. They made a lot of excellent bikes, but they also made a lot of very ordinary ones.
In fact, they didn't even make most of their best bikes!
This one is pretending to be something it isn't. If I were you, I'd steer clear.

Back