1994 kona explosif

W W Biffta

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
We eventually established, rather to my surprise I must admit, that this is a genuine 94 Explosif but without the fluted downtube that 94 Explosifs generally had. Maybe he was a bit fed up with Retrobike for hijacking his For Sale thread with a discussion about where his fluting was, but I didn't think he had much hope of getting £450 for it anyway. And now he has it on eBay with no evidence whatsoever that it is what he says it is. If I just saw this ad, and I hadn't seen his For Sale thread, I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole. Surely with a repainted frame, it's clear that you'll do better if you give a bit of proof of what it is?

Most people are not as astute as you Anthony...(me for example :oops: ) and will see the fresh paint, Explosif decals and nice forks....and bid like crazy.
I suspect this will easily see £450 on Ebay.
Good luck to the seller.

But now we all know it's a genuine 1994 Explosif :cry:

Let's hope the crisis is big enough for me to get a chance of a bargain.... :p

Even if it is a 'real' 1994, why buy one without the fluted downtube?

Features like that are intrinsic to their value, but perhaps I am alone in this opinion. I also wouldn't buy one of the Hei Hei's that have the shorter seat-tube extension as they just don't look like Kona's.

Harryburgundy":287my5ip said:
Most people are not as astute as you Anthony...(me for example :oops: ) and will see the fresh paint, Explosif decals and nice forks....and bid like crazy.
I suspect this will easily see £450 on Ebay.
Good luck to the seller.

I don't think it'll break 350.

Latest posts

Back