I don't think it's just some crap... certainly different

Quadruple chainset, 7 speed block? It's been done, but is a bit gimp as a concept. Wouldn't expect that on a quality bike, which that appears to be.

chris667":j3cudru8 said:
Quadruple chainset, 7 speed block? It's been done, but is a bit gimp as a concept. Wouldn't expect that on a quality bike, which that appears to be.

Nah! It's a triple - just a typo (of which there are quite a few!) ;)

Could be a team batavus/be-one downhill frame build by either VARIO or a local motorframe builder called Nico Bakker

Don't dismiss it so quickly as a cheap £99 build.

WP shock and forks have an air of quality. LX and Magura make it a nice mid-range build. The frame looks quite well built (if not a great design).

Quite an interesting late '90s full suspension bike I reckon.

Yes, I do know that one. No cheapie. Like Yo says by Nice Bakker built. NB also made all the Batavus/B1 WC and WCS DH rigs. Impressive stuff, those B1 rigs. People with great engineering skills ...and great reputation among custom motorcycles. With custom I do mean chopper kind off stuff, but purpose aimed bikes, like GP machines.

This Team has nothing to do with Batavus/B1 btw. Approx 1995. 'Team' is a brand not long existed. Maybe it was even Nico Bakker's own brand. An attempt in MTBs.

The Rond is a Rebel btw. Great fork. Love the aesthetics of the earlier non coated models more though. This Rebel has seen more development, what is an advantage for them. Rebel is 1997. Maybe the bike, judging by its components, is 96/97.

Latest posts

Back