AMP Reasearch FS Frame in Devon - 2 days to go?!

Ooooh is that ever my thing: mmmmmm shiny! :D
Could that be the frame to swap all the bits from my iDrive onto?!

hey Torquay!! Grew up there!!!

Don't recognise his name though, so must be younger than
#me ;)

hey Torquay!! Grew up there!!!

Don't recognise his name though, so must have been around after me

I used to go 'ice' skating in Torquay (grew up in Exeter) - I say 'ice' - it was plastic/wax really - very bizarre and not at all cold...

AMP were imported through plymouth (was it still hotlines back then?), so it hasnt travelled far. I'd get it checked out in the flesh as those things were worse for cracking than manitous ;)

the rear suspension never worked properly . because it wasnt working in the right angle , frames used to crack a lot .

cchris2lou":12osv7no said:
the rear suspension never worked properly . because it wasnt working in the right angle , frames used to crack a lot .

the shocks were rubbish, bushes wore out well too fast, headtubes came off. mac strut rear ends were the least of their problems maybe! :LOL:

I'd still have one ;)

This rear end was used by quite a few tho eh.. Ted Wojcik, Fat, Titus..

kingroon":nmoihnig said:
I'd still have one ;)

This rear end was used by quite a few tho eh.. Ted Wojcik, Fat, Titus..

FAT started working on their own version real early on as the alignment was so bad. titus are 1 of the few that stuck with the mac strut & worked on it to beef it up, most noticeably a swing link to take the side load off the shock, the yeti ASR is essentially very similiar.

I dont doubt horsts idea were revolutionary, but his execution was poor; generally too underbuilt.

Back