Klein Adroit Night Storm MC2 Frame

W W Biffta

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That's not an original factory night-storm paint is it.

It's crap.

Looks to me like someone has put that on afterward and worked around the decals...

BoyBurning":18aygcrr said:
That's not an original factory night-storm paint is it.

It's crap.

Looks to me like someone has put that on afterward and worked around the decals...

This is exactly what I was trying to explain to all the Storm fanatics/critics on here a while back !! I bet you thats original Klein paint on that Nightstorm but unfortunately as they have more than one painter this particular one was painted by the only artist who has a lobster claw for a hand, eyes that only see in black and white, and a brain full of lead paint fumes !!!!

There not all as good as eachother and they do come out differently !! Being an ex - painter for Rivervale Porsche im a fussy git and would insist on my Storm to be painted by Tinker Jaurez's Team paint artist from the early 90's !!

Hence ill be searching till im 80 for my perfect Adroit Storm !!!!

P.S its in the pic below just in case ive not shown you it before !! ;)

Attachments

• Tinker's klein.jpg
    Tinker's klein.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,306
delboy009":1qd352qc said:
...would insist on my Storm to be painted by Tinker Jaurez's Team paint artist from the early 90's !!

Hence ill be searching till im 80 for my perfect Adroit Storm !!!!

P.S its in the pic below just in case ive not shown you it before !! ;)

Mate,

1) Only approx. 30 bikes were ever made with the Team Storm paintjob (with old style Klein logos). Most of them were Adroits though. Only Adroit EX bikes I've seen have been Tinker's and Sara's race bikes.

2) The pic of yours shows one of the 30 with afterwards painted MC1 stem/handlebar combo and fork. The fork is not an original but a repainted Gator fork. And those were not painted by Klein.
So if you want one like that, you have to buy that exact frame (which should be in Denmark).
I've never ever seen a real Klein paint with lightnings on the MC1 or fork.
Klein painted theirs either with burgundy & black (like mine) or with clouds (like Tinker's). Probably the full clouds paintwork was reserved for the team bikes only. Hard to say since these bikes are like hen's teeth...

tinker_teamfahrer3.jpg

Back