singlespeed Saracen!

Nice, and a good price. :D

GarageSale_1231883258_1810.jpg

GarageSale_1231883258_1808.jpg

It looks like they have a reasonable supply of frames since you can choose a custom colour.
Wonder if they have any Saracen frames they haven't messed with? :?

I was thinking that.
There's a saying about old rope, but I can't remember the beginning of it.
A Fat Chance frame sold for not much more than this on here the other day, and I could tell you which one I'd rather have. ;)

The early Saracens were handmade so not the same quality as what's churned out these days.

According to the write up this has been converted to use track ends by a local bike builder (doesn't mention which one) and sprayed by Argos so that won't have been cheap. If you're in to single speeding it seems like a decent price for a refurbished, hand built frame and forks with new headset.

A tenner for an early (ish) Saracen is ridiculously cheap!

What Saracen frame is this, exactly? Why have they got so many? Are they rejects? I don't know enough about them to say if they're good or not. And I'm afraid with Ebay, I trust nothing anymore, which is why I don't buy or sell there if I can help it.
I'd much rather buy a secondhand Saracen Killi Comp than this, because I'd know exactly what I was getting. Someone on here managed to pick up a good, complete secondhand one for £50 the other week.

I confess I'm no Saracen expert but they are on this site somewhere. I don't know where it all went wrong for them, when they farmed out all the work to the East? Either way some models seem to go for peanuts.

This wasn't the best looking model in my eyes, the wishbone stayed frame was much better looking. (IMO of course!)

Back