Yeti ARC AS

I saw the bike and it was not in excellent shape, decent shape by my standards. Its steel parts were all rusted and the rear suspension did not have any firmness. Frame seems to be in good shape but I didn't take the bike apart to thoroughly check it out but surprisingly the paint was in very good shape. Also their seemed to be a bolt floating around in the down tube, it rattled when I picked it up. This was actually the first one of these that I have seen in person and it was bunch of great parts mixed in with a bit of junk. Tires, pedals, saddle, chainrings, skewers were not up to snuff. I like the bike but I was not convinced. I forgot to check for a serial number and when I asked for it I was told that he could not find one. Hope that helped.

Serial numbers can sometimes be elusive on Yeti bikes... been my experience.

Advert says that it comes with the optional elastomer shock. Could be early and rare. Depends on the shock can (does it have cinch bolts, or does the shock mount with a lock ring? - can't really tell from the picture). There are other parts of the frame that can tip off an early one, as well.

Let us take a moment to pause and reflect on the greatness that is the ARC AS... ;)

Attachments

• ARC.jpg
    ARC.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,141
how about this one :mrgreen:
yeti239_1216908661.JPG

would that rear brake actually work, given the short length between the ringle mojo and the cable stop.....i'm sure it doesn't bother the owner :LOL:

Shock looked liked like the great example from Germany shown above. It looks to be a 96 from my research but a few of the parts were from a later date, like the citron 517 rims and the Easton carbon handlebar. I had worked him down in price a little bit but since I am not an expert when it comes to Yetis I was hesitant to make the deal happen. I was really concerned that it might have been a stolen bike, given the fact that the owner will not ship the bike anywhere. Maybe Im paranoid or silly, I do have some great parts for this bike that would turn it into a stunner!

SouthBeach":1xlgzu4c said:
Shock looked liked like the great example from Germany shown above. It looks to be a 96 from my research but a few of the parts were from a later date, like the citron 517 rims and the Easton carbon handlebar. I had worked him down in price a little bit but since I am not an expert when it comes to Yetis I was hesitant to make the deal happen. I was really concerned that it might have been a stolen bike, given the fact that the owner will not ship the bike anywhere. Maybe Im paranoid or silly, I do have some great parts for this bike that would turn it into a stunner!

You talking about the blinged out turqoise happy bike above, or the OP frame?

Back