Kilauea

I'm confused :?
Just been checking the brochures on Kona Retro & Kilauea didn't appear 'til 1993 and with the front to rear fade paint scheme.

Am I missing something? :oops:

Caramba Kid":tniotopb said:
I'm confused :?
Just been checking the brochures on Kona Retro & Kilauea didn't appear 'til 1993 and with the front to rear fade paint scheme.
Am I missing something? :oops:
The Kilauea first came out towards the end of the 1992 model year, well too late to be featured in the 92 brochure. It had 1993 geometry and the frame was I think carried over and used as the 1993 Cinder Cone. The colour-matched P2s were part of the package.

The first 'proper' Kilauea in 1993 used the same Tange Concept tubeset as the Explosif had used up to 1992, as the Explosif went over to using Tange Ultimate for 1993.

Anthony":2fq7etzn said:
The Kilauea first came out towards the end of the 1992 model year, well too late to be featured in the 92 brochure. It had 1993 geometry and the frame was I think carried over and used as the 1993 Cinder Cone. The colour-matched P2s were part of the package.

The first 'proper' Kilauea in 1993 used the same Tange Concept tubeset as the Explosif had used up to 1992, as the Explosif went over to using Tange Ultimate for 1993.

:shock: I am not worthy
How do you you guys know all this detail?
Did you work for Kona or a dealer BITD, or is there a more expansive website than Kona Retro where I can be tutored in all things Kona?

Back