1988 Carbonfibre Spesh...

Now thats what I call cool

Wow! Excellent, shame its too big for me :cry:

I wonder where this sits in the retro debate ;)
Carbon fibre? but then it does have a U brake .......
I could always buy it, unattach the carbon tubes from steel lugs, cut an inch or two of each and then superglue back together. :idea:
Sometimes I suprise myself :roll:

Jamie

were these not more like 1991? pretty confident Spesh werent doing anything as advanced as this that early, and especially looking at the geometry of other 88/89 spesh bikes compared to this... I may be wrong though.

theboy":2pw6upmt said:
were these not more like 1991? pretty confident Spesh werent doing anything as advanced as this that early, and especially looking at the geometry of other 88/89 spesh bikes compared to this... I may be wrong though.

wake up roly! Ned won the worlds in 1990 on a specialized ultimate! ;)

http://mombat.org/1990_Specialized_Epic_PTB.htm

"Specialized started making carbon bikes in 1989 by using Cro-Moly lugs with carbon tubes plugged into them. "

is somebody going to nab look? Looks a bargain IMO although a better exchange rate would help...

jesus what did he do to it, turned one of the best looking bikes I've seen into a complete f*cking dog..

Doesn't sound like he still has the original forks which is a real shame, otherwise might have been interested...

Hilts":2wnlhk24 said:
jesus what did he do to it, turned one of the best looking bikes I've seen into a complete f*cking dog..

Doesn't sound like he still has the original forks which is a real shame, otherwise might have been interested...

Its things like this that cement my distrust of single-speed :roll:

theboy":3jxtbs05 said:

Yes they did, the 1991 model was the 2nd Generation. That 2nd Gen was based on Ned's 1990 Worlds superbike (that wasn't nowhere near a basic model).
The auction is for a 1st Gen model that has less carbon fiber than the newer model. Easily identified by U-brake too.
You can find scans of magazine tests for this in MTBR's VRC forum.

Back