PSA: Bontrager frame - NOT A SCAM! - SORRY!

theboy

Senior Retro Guru
this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BONTRAGER-RAC...ryZ22679QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem is on UK ebay, however the pictures all belong to a US ebayer called veloculture (MTBR VRC members will know of Sky) who sells a lot of vintage MTB stuff and Im pretty sure those pics are of a frame he sold a while ago - it looks like his shop.

looks very suspicious to me...

EDIT:

just received this from Sky aka VeloCulture confirming its an authentic sale, just using his pictures:

thanks, i actually sold that frame to that guy recently. it appears he didn't like the fit or something. thanks for letting me know though.

-Sky

apologies to the seller, and a small amount of annoyance in myself for bringing it to everyones attention as its my size :(

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The photos blatantly have the "Velo Culture" watermark.
The current seller is based in London.
Did Velo Culture sell it to anyone in the UK?

DM":3us18hqv said:
The photos blatantly have the "Velo Culture" watermark.
The current seller is based in London.
Did Velo Culture sell it to anyone in the UK?

It was sold to a buyer in Switzerland...

Looking at seller's feedback, a forum member (Manitou916) on here has bought something previously and seemed pleased with the transaction.

No link to what item was as feedback is too old, but maybe our man can shed some light on the seller.

It may yet be perfectly innocent and just a case of a lazy seller who can't be bothered to do their own listing so have robbed the one from previous...

Unlikely, but worth considering...

In fact, the buyer and seller may be one and the same.

Both have a total of 12 transactions, so the user might have just changed their name?

Again, unlikely.

Sorry, too much whiskey now.

Bedtime I think before I manage to convince myself into buying another bloody frame I don't need.

I thought this

Defo a scam!!! same situation with the mag21 sl ti's ,he uses the same images & even the same font ,cut & pasted to recreate the original add DO NOT BID!!!!

Back