1995 Barracuda A2V - Tange Prestige Ultimate - Frame only

I've noticed a few Barracuda frames popping up recently, this NOS beauty was up a couple of weeks back :cool:

Attachments

• Barracuda A2E.JPG
    Barracuda A2E.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 2,420
I missed that one!

I'd much rather have the A2V frame, even though it's all scarred up, because it's a Durango made frame, whereas the A2E you've mentioned is a newer, Ross built bike.

You can tell, because Barracuda didn't put a fish-head sticker on the seat tube (like they did the head tube), that was something Ross did. Also, there is no Tree-Amigos sticker, which was also something that Durango built bikes usually always had.

I wonder how many members actually have an American Barracuda. I don't recall seeing any on here. Am I the first?

That's good information, thanks! :D

I also noticed the stickers don't cover the fade on the top and down tubes (they're transparent I guess), I'm sure they're not like that on earlier bikes?

Have you posted pics of your Barracudas? I'd love to see them. I don't have a Barracuda myself but I've always liked them.

Yeah, good eye! These ones are obviously clear, but you're right. The Durango made cudas, had white decals, which completely covered the "fade".

I've got some pictures of the newer bike lying around, I'll dig them up and post them. The older bike is halfway through restoration, right now just a frame awaiting refinishing.

Here's a pic of the newer (Ross built) XX Team bike. In general, it's the same concept, but when you take a minute to look closely, you'll see that Ross used the silver instead of white on the front triangle, the yellow in the rear is not a "candy" finish, it's quite dull, and of course, you'll notice the differences in decals I mentioned earlier.

Still, I'm really happy I have one of these XX Team bikes just before they went out of business, and one from after Ross picked up the ball and ran with it. I like to think of these bikes as Cain and Able, where the original model is the nice bike, and this one is the evil twin. :)

Attachments

• Picture-004-sm.jpg
    Picture-004-sm.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,384
Sweet ride! Cheers for that :D

I think I'm going to start looking for a Barracuda more seriously now, I'm getting more and more into them. Don't worry though I'm a short-ass so it looks like we'll be after different sizes... ;)

Ideally an XX Team like yours or I love the colours of the UNLTD in the 1995 catalogue that Elev12k was kind enough to post a while back. I had a Barracuda advert in an old MBA with a tiny framed bike with 5 spoke mag wheels, I'll try and dig it out and post it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back