Raleigh Dyna Tech

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yup, that's a Sentinel. The only MTB in the range with the lesser 2055 frameset and twin-stays, others were all monostayed rear.

As you say, looks very, very original. That XT shark fin chainstay protector would probably have come with the bike - my Encounter (one model up) came with one :cool:

The seat post is a rare thing to see
Nice paint job not too flashy not too dull,well perhaps waning towards the dull now but im sure it looked good new
---------------------------------------------------
Raleigh Torus 1999
Rudge Whitworth 1948

Dynatech":1mxz3vym said:
Yup, that's a Sentinel. The only MTB in the range with the lesser 2055 frameset and twin-stays, others were all monostayed rear.

As you say, looks very, very original. That XT shark fin chainstay protector would probably have come with the bike - my Encounter (one model up) came with one :cool:

It did indeed - I got one with mine. It looks to be a slightly earlier model than mine as it has the "gusetty" bits around the headtube - mine was smooth and rounded in that area.

It's really rather nice....

stuflyer":1pjkclvx said:
It did indeed - I got one with mine. It looks to be a slightly earlier model than mine as it has the "gusetty" bits around the headtube - mine was smooth and rounded in that area.
I've never seen a Sentinel without the gusset headtube lug! Looks like a 1991 model in the auction, with DYNA-TECH graphics on the downtube and scripted Sentinel on the top-tube. I think 1992 models were the titanium Diablo, Solaris, Ogre etc. which did have smooth headtube lug.
konahed":1pjkclvx said:
Didnt they make quite cheap titanium ones with rolled titanium tubes (welded along their length)?
Plenty of stories abound that Raleigh used dodgy titanium, Soviet chemical titanium pipework etc. Most likely just sour grapes from rival manufacturers!

Yup ,i agree ,after i got mine i researched it as much as i could
They used a commercially pure grade 3 Ti,from their space and aero industry,none of yer cheap alloy mix here laddie,good enough for space
If they'd got the jointing process sorted out early they would prob' still have a good market share of the top end frames
Good stuff all round ,except for all the broken ones :LOL: :LOL:

dyna-ti":1xq53s3a said:
If they'd got the jointing process sorted out early they would prob' still have a good market share of the top end frames
Good stuff all round ,except for all the broken ones :LOL: :LOL:
Not sure the jointing was the problem with Raleigh. I think it was more fashion. The fashion was aluminium, Raleigh didn't really go that direction. That and general decline in UK manufacturing :evil:

Back