NOS Klein Adroit - gator linear fade

Xesh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0309437349

He says it's NOS but then says the forks have been serviced throughout its life. That plus the paint damage around the BB shell seems to indicate that it's been ridden occaisionally. Surely, then, it can't be NOS? :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I don't know but it really looks clean & nice. I think this is one of the frames that Erik from NY, USA sold some time ago. I bought my Team Storm Adroit from him.

Rings are used.. you can see grease on them.

But really nice one :shock:
Price is quite high, without Strata.

This was sold last january...4751$
Not same or is it... :roll:
Adroit.jpg

Decals have gone from the stem. Other than that it looks the same. Shame no strata and price seems high without a strata fork.

I was never a big fan of Klein and their VERY oversized tubings. I was always suspicious of their frame's dropout design.

Don't get me wrong, the bike is beautiful, thanks to the nice paintjob. The bike ride, on the other hand, is so-so. Kinda feel like a Cannondale.

When people spend a ridiculous amount of money on a Klein, are they ever going to ride it? Or will the bike be hanging on the wall for "show and tell?" What a sad way for a bike to die.

IMO, the paintjob is the only thing worth money on a Klein but THAT paintjob on THAT Klein is not worth over 3000+ dollars.

It's basically a cheap aluminum Cannondale with a fancy paintjob. I rather spend my $3000 on a custom made Titanium frame/bike.

...just my opinion :D

greenZ":34qz2yrz said:
When people spend a ridiculous amount of money on a Klein, are they ever going to ride it?

I might agree with you on one of your other points, but how is purchasing a bike and appreciating it, in whatever form that may entail, a "sad way for a bike to die"? I find that the people that do seek out and, for whatever reason, hang their bikes for display or relegate them to Sunday rides, whatever ... are the the most knowledgeable and fanatic about the bike and builder. They're the people that inform others on this forum and I, as well as many, have benefitted from this.

Also, this is a Retro Bike forum, not a "I rather spend my $3000 on a custom made Titanium frame/bike" ... today. This forum embraces Yesterday.

I guess I should have said:

I'm not the type who would spend $3000+ for a retro aluminum frame/bike?

Maybe because I know I can go into a bidding war on eBay and get me a Titanium FatChance or a GT Xizang frame for less than that....if I remember correctly.

Both frames are far more superior than the Klein and have more retro mojos/history than the Klein.

After seeing a lot of crazy prices people are willing to pay for retro bikes, especially ones that are not all that great in performance when comparing against other bikes from that era, I sometimes think people are not thinking with their head. (sorry for the run-on sentence)

Not really trying to stir anything up or disrespecting Klein owners. Kleins have beautiful paintjobs.

I like to see bikes get ridden regardless of age. Enjoying it is riding it, in my opinion, but I guess hanging it on the wall is just as enjoyable for some. ;)

greenZ":zkzjqtij said:
I guess I should have said:

I'm not the type who would spend $3000+ for a retro aluminum frame/bike?

Maybe because I know I can go into a bidding war on eBay and get me a Titanium FatChance or a GT Xizang frame for less than that....if I remember correctly.

Both frames are far more superior than the Klein and have more retro mojos/history than the Klein.

After seeing a lot of crazy prices people are willing to pay for retro bikes, especially ones that are not all that great in performance when comparing against other bikes from that era, I sometimes think people are not thinking with their head. (sorry for the run-on sentence)

Not really trying to stir anything up or disrespecting Klein owners. Kleins have beautiful paintjobs.

I like to see bikes get ridden regardless of age. Enjoying it is riding it, in my opinion, but I guess hanging it on the wall is just as enjoyable for some. ;)

what do you base your judgment on the performance of all those bikes on?

Carsten

greenZ":3juuvrwu said:

Havent we already talked enough of this? :roll:

woo careful here- this is walking across broken glass getting on this one. Ally frames aren't for everyone, retrobikes aren't for everyone. And every bike bought here represents someones dream> No two ways about it, kleins are a bit special. Especially ones like these. No cannondales have Boron in the stays. I ride and love both cannondale and klein, both road and mountain. Sure I ride my cannondale to work every day, but I race the klein. Which has a harder life? One sure isn't used as much as the other. And one is certainly a lot more 'twangy. . .'
Yes this is a lot of cash. And it was BITD too. You pays your money, and takes your choice. .. ;)

Back