Hot topic

Anthony

Retrobike Rider
lest auld acquaintance be forgot

Nice of him to put a £475 buy-it-now on a bike that failed to find a genuine buyer at £350 previously, but then he hasn't put a £475 buy-it-now on it anyway.

Good frame though, good tubes, Mountain Goat welding, paint good according to taste

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KONA-HOT-RETRO-CU ... dZViewItem

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nothong wrong with the Frame. One of the few Konas I could be persuaded to buy.

Shame about the seller......... :evil:

Just wouldn't believe a single word that bloke said

Would want to go over every inch of that frame with a fine toothcomb before money changed hands

Had the misfortune to buy one of his crocks and had to express myself in no uncertain terms to get a refund

Never again

The last time this bike was on eBay, eBay cancelled the auction.

On the previous occasion, the bike sold for £311 to a buyer called chris81hhh, who has 100% feedback with comments such as immediate payer and so forth. But interestingly, of the 20 items that chris81hhh has feedback for, on five of those items the feedback was provided by an eBayer called hughesdavo. Who is the seller of this bike. But to be fair, the other 15 look genuine.

Hughesdavo apears to have only owned this frame for a while. He may have paid £350 for it off eBay - it was sold on 26 September by an eBayer called David Mallard with 100% feedback, who ended the sale early. It had ti bars, Syncros post, Control Tech stem, Flite saddle, XT fm etc that have now been removed. So there is no reason to doubt the validity of the frame itself, and if it was my size and if I lived nearby and if I liked the paint (none of which applies), I would be willing to pay cash on inspection for it.

My understanding is that if you buy something on eBay and on inspection it is not as described in the listing or is otherwise unfit for purpose, you can refuse to complete the sale and you will not be breaking eBay rules. I may be wrong in that, but otherwise surely eBay would be contravening consumer protection legislation?

Anthony":5w9dvnbo said:
eBay would be contravening consumer protection legislation?

You are buying at an auction, it will not protect you for that and is classed as a private sale. err. there is no consumer as such

(afaik)

FluffyChicken":1pj7p0th said:
Anthony":1pj7p0th said:
eBay would be contravening consumer protection legislation?

You are buying at an auction, it will not protect you for that and is classed as a private sale. err. there is no consumer as such

(afaik)
AFAIK consumer protection legislation applies also to private sales. Items still have to be as described and fit for purpose, even in a private sale. It is just that it can often be more difficult to use the law in a private sale situation. But if you repudiate the sale in a reasonable time and you can justify your grounds for doing so, it is legally null and void. AFAIK.

Mmm..don't think Ebay like people offering BINs in the description when it is an auction style listing....he might get reported for that.

MadCowKev":2bd1nfdl said:
gump":2bd1nfdl said:
Nothong wrong with the Frame. One of the few Konas I could be persuaded to buy

you feeling okay Gump? :LOL:

yeah, but my plan is to get it resprayed in a custom union jack type affair for a giggle :)
don't know why, but this would appeal to me ;)

Latest posts

Back