Plexus

Very nice frame, funny to see the "hand crafted by Ritchey mountainbikes" decal with Tom on it....... knowing that it's build in Japan by Toyo* ;)

* extremely good builders btw they deserve more credit also for their own "Testach" frames

here's their Praise, steel titanium mix, nice :D :

Attachments

• praise.jpg
    praise.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 816
yo-eddy":10zv76cm said:
Very nice frame, funny to see the "hand crafted by Ritchey mountainbikes" decal with Tom on it....... knowing that it's build in Japan by Toyo* ;)

* extremely good builders btw they deserve more credit also for their own "Testach" frames

Interesting to see a steel brace between a steel chainstay and a ti seatstay - but doesn't the brace to counteract braking forces kind of contradict the plexus principle? 'I want it to flex - to absorb bumps, but I also don't want it to flex - under braking forces.' Or maybe it's just 'I want it to flex - to absorb bumps, but I also don't want it to break under braking forces.'

But even so, the brace must be stopping it flexing. But only on one side.

Anthony":3u1jmk2e said:
yo-eddy":3u1jmk2e said:

Interesting to see a steel brace between a steel chainstay and a ti seatstay - but doesn't the brace to counteract braking forces kind of contradict the plexus principle? 'I want it to flex - to absorb bumps, but I also don't want it to flex - under braking forces.' Or maybe it's just 'I want it to flex - to absorb bumps, but I also don't want it to break under braking forces.'

But even so, the brace must be stopping it flexing. But only on one side.

Wouldn't stop it too much though being so far down the seatstay but enough to work inline with the disc mount, no? Probably very little flex(suspension) at this area because of the axle. Just guessing mind.

Back