Early Saracen Tufftrax Black

In black.. What year is this then? 89/90 was blue.. So 90/91? Or is this a Ltd Ed.?

Its a strange one. 1989 was blue and had rack mounts just above the canti hanger. Decals changed in mid to late 1990 but still blue and then they were painted black in 91. It looks like a 1990 with 1989 decals???
I've put a bid on it as it looks like it will be the closest thing to begin recreating my 1989er. I can paint it blue and hopefully Gil can sort out the decals.
I'm not bothered about the parts as mine was completely changed by 1991, its just a frame I need to be built up with switchblades, Flexstem, Mavics and full XT 732-733
Was hoping this one would slip under the RB radar :roll:

Si

Dr S":2u5glq7r said:
Its a strange one. 1989 was blue and had rack mounts just above the canti hanger. Decals changed in mid to late 1990 but still blue and then they were painted black in 91. It looks like a 1990 with 1989 decals???
I've put a bid on it as it looks like it will be the closest thing to begin recreating my 1989er. I can paint it blue and hopefully Gil can sort out the decals.
I'm not bothered about the parts as mine was completely changed by 1991, its just a frame I need to be built up with switchblades, Flexstem, Mavics and full XT 732-733
Was hoping this one would slip under the RB radar :roll:

Si

Its local to me, if you want someone to take an uneducated look at it :)

makster":209dncqr said:
Dr S":209dncqr said:
Its local to me, if you want someone to take an uneducated look at it :)

Thanks for that but its cool- frames were pretty bombproof and as thats all i need i won't trouble you. Very kind of you to offer ;) ;)

I've got an original Saracen Mountain saddle for you when/if you win it.. And original solid-billet-esque handlebars too :LOL:

kingroon":162iddf3 said:
I've got an original Saracen Mountain saddle for you when/if you win it.. And original solid-billet-esque handlebars too :LOL:

That's mighty kind of you matey. Hoping to bag this later today- it's been a while since I started a new project.

Back