Super rare Raleigh ATB!!!?

30 years! yeah right!

Also like the way he describes the front mech he is selling as a "front crank changer"

Scary that he appears to be running a bike shop...

Haven't seen one of them in years – friend had one when we were at school. Fantastic on the hills, 'cause it was so heavy it just flattened them :D

Can't quite remember if they were made from scaffold tubes or just plain steel rods

That be the Mustang SIS from 1990, made from lead and would had chrome plated steel wheels and leather brake blocks :LOL:

JeRkY":2x6h0sbx said:
30 years! yeah right!

Also like the way he describes the front mech he is selling as a "front crank changer"

Scary that he appears to be running a bike shop...

Quite.

Not even 20 years, I think. I had a Mustang, and it would have been bought in '88, and that was with the pink / purple paintwork. I'm sure paint colour of this one is later by at least a year or two.

And by-<deity> they were heavy. I'd upgraded practically all the bolt on stuff (stem, handlebars, seatpin, saddle, wheels, chainset - in fact all the drivetrain, for Suntour XCD-<something>) and it was still a heavy lump.

Neil":23i6s719 said:
Quite.

Not even 20 years, I think. I had a Mustang, and it would have been bought in '88, and that was with the pink / purple paintwork. I'm sure paint colour of this one is later by at least a year or two.

And by-<deity> they were heavy. I'd upgraded practically all the bolt on stuff (stem, handlebars, seatpin, saddle, wheels, chainset - in fact all the drivetrain, for Suntour XCD-<something>) and it was still a heavy lump.

These were the entry level Raleighs back then before the Lizard eveolved (also pants) which were based on BMX bottom brackets and BMX headsets. 1st generation mustangs were black and white, 2nd gen Light puple blotch and the Mustang SIS was the final Mustang in darker tints but with 5 speed SIS thumb shifters..... wow :LOL:

Better selling this for scrap ;)

Late 80's early 90's these bad-boyz!

God, I was 10 when these were in. I had the Lizard 18 sis and my mate had the Mustang 15 sis. We were just so cool :cool:

Gravy Monster":2i5gm74a said:
That be the Mustang SIS from 1990, made from lead and would had chrome plated steel wheels and leather brake blocks :LOL:

Naw, it would be round millstone type wheels and braking was just by dragging yer feet along the ground.

Like the Flintstones.

Back