ritchey rockhopper

Quite a nice frame, especially with the rigid forks that he's selling separately.

But why say that the geometry suits 80-100mm forks? It's pretty obvious that the frame was built for a 63mm fork, as that was Specialized's other option for it. And he says the matching rigid fork is 400mm axle - crown, i.e. 75mm less than the length of a 100mm fork.

I don't whether sellers deliberately set out to mislead gullible buyers, or whether it's just wishful thinking, but surely he knows Spesh didn't build that frame to suit a Z1 Bomber?

From mempry the fork option on it was a Manitou Spider, so 70mm, certainly not 100mm. I'm thinking that it was only the seat tube was nitanium, the comp may have had seat and top tubes. It was only the Stumpie that had the full main frame. :?

Could be totally wrong of course

Indy C, could be colour-matched to it in fact.

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

I'm surprised if only the seat tube was Ritchey. I have read that under US consumer law, the frame sticker only has to be true of the tube that it is fixed to, but even so that is a bit of a rip-off to save a few cents. I'm a bit surprised also that Ritchey was content for his brand to be used in such an unworthy way.

I would have bid on this ;) but it instantly puts me off when people split original matching forks and sell seperately :?

Back