Orange, potential little cracker?

Yogi bear

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I can never understand how and why a bike as lovely as this can just be left behind and forgotten, this must have been someone's pride and joy. Will make a great project, very nice find.

Its not carbon fibre, its not got suspension, its got tiny wheels and no disc brakes - to many its just an old 'kids' bicycle in a shed.

just had another look and decided to look at the sellers other items. Scrap metal dealer maybe? slightly odd this..

I suspect it will go for fairly good money, I know a couple of people that are definitely interested in it. Will need a lot of work to get it up to scratch, and the added bonus it may have a crack or 2.. Lovely bikes, but don’t have the best track record in longevity..
Plus it’s described as spares and repairs.. so dont see any comeback if it is cracked in fairness :facepalm:

....I do like the pun in the title of the thread...(bearing in mind there are criticisms of the 30 anniversary ti frame re stress risers around the internal lugs which they used...) and re cracking, what’s all that blackness around the headtube? Leached stuff from the top head race, pigeon poo, or some failure around the TT HT joint?

Back