Badly listed Marin with XTR shifters

Re:

Won by me!

Possibly far too much money, but I've wanted an 8-speed high spec early '90s Marin in my size for ages, and this is the first one that's come up locally.

I think (hope) it's a '94 Indian Fire Trail, under all the after-market bling.

Assuming there's nothing major wrong with it, I'll be starting a build thread once I've got it home.

It looked like an ift to me and if it had stayed low I’d have had a stab at it. It has a lot of the xt m737 group set as well as the xtr shifters. It should polish up a treat.

Well done on the win. I was thinking Rocky Ridge as some of the stickers looked purple, but I'd guess the frame is the same as ift anyway. I look forward to seeing the build thread.

I think its a Rocky Ridge

Im 99% sure the seat tube decal on the IFT said "double butted" under it as it was fully double-butted rather than just some of the tubes like the Rocky Ridge

either way - nice bikes should clean up really nice!!

although the price makes me wonder what I could get for mine!!

Re:

Fair play! I was in for it but didn't dig deep enough. Well specced bike. My money was on an IFT given the specs. Syncros seatpost too for the eagle eyed!

Just picked it up and very happy. XT everything, Marzocchi fork (XC600?) holds air, Syncros post isn't stuck, even the horrendous skinny slicks aired up fine. Haven't tried riding it yet because it's pouring down here. Still don't know if it's an IFT or a Rocky Ridge though. Serial no. is WK4BA0027 in case there are any Marin gurus reading this!

gmtfd":35re9r01 said:
Just picked it up and very happy. XT everything, Marzocchi fork (XC600?) holds air, Syncros post isn't stuck, even the horrendous skinny slicks aired up fine. Haven't tried riding it yet because it's pouring down here. Still don't know if it's an IFT or a Rocky Ridge though. Serial no. is WK4BA0027 in case there are any Marin gurus reading this!

I'll check tomorrow as ive got one. I "think" that it went. My 95 ift is 5J. Ill check the 94 rocky ridge.

J = ift
K= rocky ridge
M= nail trail

But marin are notorious for their random numbering.

Back