Haro Extreme

I've only seen one other of these in this size (17.5") in over 10 years of collecting. I've seen plenty of the 19.5" versions, though. I wonder why that is...

I would love to own this, but it's collection-only from Worthing UK, and I'm in USA... :(

In fact, I think that's the quote I'll be most remembered by:
"I'm in USA... :( "

incorrigible":1zgcbiwk said:
I've only seen one other of these in this size (17.5") in over 10 years of collecting. I've seen plenty of the 19.5" versions, though. I wonder why that is...

I would love to own this, but it's collection-only from Worthing UK, and I'm in USA... :(

In fact, I think that's the quote I'll be most remembered by:
"I'm in USA... :( "
Have you entered a 'help me please' plea yet?

Hotwheels.":1qvwgw68 said:
I figured I would do that eventually if someone didn't see this and offer to help.

Right now I owe so many 'across the pond' favors that I might have to charter a boat.

btw, did you get the beer money I sent you?

incorrigible":1thbg5ql said:
Hotwheels.":1thbg5ql said:
I figured I would do that eventually if someone didn't see this and offer to help.

Right now I owe so many 'across the pond' favors that I might have to charter a boat.

btw, did you get the beer money I sent you?

Yeah boi! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I have a factory original build in 19.5” (equates to a 18” to ride). Lovely finishing kit from Ritchey with RockShox Mag 20’s, XTR M900 in the main accept XT U brake and pedals.

Hardly ridden I believe, keep meaning to strip, clean and re grease but life’s been a bit hectic.

Attachments

• 8CF3B3F7-EEC9-4DA6-9BC9-2D5EE1EBDEBB.jpeg
    8CF3B3F7-EEC9-4DA6-9BC9-2D5EE1EBDEBB.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 5,751
Re:

Seller had removed "Collection in person only" restriction about a day ago, but then put it back in again today.
:x

What a total pri

(calm.....deep breaths.......an-n-nd release)

ck!

Re:

incorrigible - how many E's do you have in your collection ?
(and which one rides the best ? ) :D

Re: Re:

stuey":q375x8ie said:
incorrigible - how many E's do you have in your collection ?
(and which one rides the best ? ) :D
stuey,

I actually lost count. I'm an old f@rt nearing retirement, and I've just been buying bikes and stuffing them into shipping containers in anticipation of restoring them when I retire. I don't seem to have a lot of free time these days, but when I retire, I hope to be to mountainbike collecting what Jay Leno is to automobile collecting.

I can see it now: "incorrigible's garage", or shed, or shipping container :oops: :facepalm:

I certainly hope to build a big garage one of these days. I could probably afford one sooner if I just....stop......buying.....bikes. (God, that was tough to say!)

I also used to be extremely active (running, lifting, biking), but pain from hip issues that I had corrected with operations 45 years ago started returning about 10 years ago, so I stopped doing physical things and started collecting bikes. It's frustrating, to say the least, and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I was told by an orthopedic surgeon that I can look forward to hip replacement surgery someday; that it's inevitable, and that I'll know when it's time. So I got that goin' for me. Woo hoo!

I really should at least start riding regularly again, if for no other reason than to burn body fat, which apparently is something else I started collecting right about the time I started collecting bikes, but which obviously is not nearly as attractive as bikes. That said, and in answer to your question, I don't know which e-stay rides the best, but I'm extremely biased in choosing the steel Nishiki Alien because that was my first MTB in 1989.

I think I may have gotten a lifetime of riding done from 1989 to about 2001, especially the first 5 years or so, because I pretty much lived on that Nishiki Alien. I was monomaniacal about getting in at least 2 hours of riding per day in addition to running about 3 miles every other day. Each day was a challenge to do better than the day before, so I gained some serious skills (IMHO) during that time, and it was all on a rigid (NO suspension) frame. I never seemed to get enough of it; it consumed me.

Sorry for the rant. The next time someone asks, how many bikes I have and why I don't ride them very often, I'll just refer them to this thread. Sorry also to the mods if they want to move or delete this as I totally derailed this thread. The Haro in the OP's post was sold anyway, but not to me. :(

Latest posts

Back