Nicky905

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone, just saying hi, I've read all the rules and advice about scams, don't worry, I've nothing to sell, I've just dug out my old Centurion MT1500 and was feeling nostalgic and thinking about patching it up for fun as that bike took me EVERYWHERE in the 90's :)

Re:

Hi Nicky!Welcome to Retrobike!
This is the pre '98 ebay/marketwatch section.Members generally post links here regarding retro mtb stuff for sale on other sites.
There are pre and post '98 mtb chat sections listed on the 'Forum' page,the pre '98 features an 'Introduce yourself here' thread.
Hope you enjoy your time here! :D

Re:

No problem at all!Great site,lots of very helpful people on here,I’m sure you’ll find everything you need (or need to know) and possibly a lot of things you don’t need but always wanted! :facepalm: :LOL:
Enjoy!

Ay-up*

Is this the correct pronunciation ?.

My advice is to stay away from the for sale sections, and also readers bikes.
The latter make you want want want. Can be expensive.
Building, or renovating rather is the best way to teach yourself basic bike mechanics.

dyna-ti":yuy2lont said:
Ay-up*

Is this the correct pronunciation ?.

My advice is to stay away from the for sale sections, and also readers bikes.
The latter make you want want want. Can be expensive.
Building, or renovating rather is the best way to teach yourself basic bike mechanics.

Ayup round our way,can't speak for civilised areas.Think the '-' is a southern attempt to make it sound posh :roll: :LOL:

Re:

Haha this looks like a good group, posh where I come from means you drink Coke instead of homebrand cola beverage :) I remember when I first got that bike and it had cantilever brakes, now THAT was posh! Hehe

Re:

I think when it's about a group of people who share a common interest good things usually follow, however add the usual but usually unexpected scammer trying to profit off that shared trust finds an easy target, as has been said if it seems to good to be true it probably is, Its true with most things in life I guess

Back