Early Orange prestige in London

Re:

Does that look like a 19”?

Looks like it has been left outside for quite a while. Never the best with those thin tubes. I’ve just sent a fairly rough ‘93 Prestige to Bob Jackson for a respray. I’m just praying there are no holes.. and it is in better shape than this one.

That said, I’m London-based, so will watch this one with interest!

Re:

It’s so sad to see a bike like this in this shape. There was undoubtedly a time when the first owner rocked up to a race - maybe one of the first Prestiges in a sea of Clockworks - when other riders looked at this in awe.

Doesn’t look like much is even salvageable beyond (arguably) the frame. Looks like an m730 rear mech - maybe that would survive. Maybe.

Re:

I think that’s brave - but, hey, I admire bravery.

Hopefully they got it for like, £30, and therefore have the scope to actually restore it economically.

Hands up, I am the person who bought/stole this from Tim, the lovely guy clearing his shed and selling the contents on Ebay. It was only a couple of miles away from me. I saw the £4 start price and other items he was selling and that told me he was motivated by getting his shed back and an easy transaction rather than high price. So I offered eye-wateringly low and said I could collect within 24 hours and I understood its was a project. He bit my hand off.

The wheels, tyres, forks, chain and brake bolts are toast. The rest is surprisingly good. Seatpost and stem are free. No dents or heavy corrosion other than a little surface rust. BB and headset are smooth. Paint is flat but will T cut really well. I have a mountain of parts here so I would be swapping out most of it anyway. I think with 24 hours it could be a tidy rider Prestige. It's way better than the one crap photo made it look. I assumed I was just buying a Ringle bottle cage and anything else good was a bonus. So I'm super happy with it. It's a 19", points for those that guessed correctly. I need a 1" Steerer of anyone needs a blue ringle H2O......

Attachments

• IMG_7157.jpg
    IMG_7157.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 6,291
  • IMG_7387.jpg
    IMG_7387.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 6,291
  • IMG_7627.jpg
    IMG_7627.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 6,291
  • IMG_3378.jpg
    IMG_3378.jpg