StRumpjumper ... you read in right !

TooHiBMI

Dirt Disciple
Yes the StRumpjumper is the little known badly spelt version of the Stumpy. It's in my favourite colour with XTR bits, wigglely spokes, over-priced (IMHO) and a touch small for me.

For some reason black paint around the seat tube which I'd guess is evidence of an alloy post glued into chromoly frame. I bet someone tried heat and melted the lovely blue paint (I'm colour blind so it might be mint green for all I know).

It would be great if someone could save the patina on this but my guess is a full resto is the only option.

See below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPECIALIZED- ... SwrohenvE0

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
TooHiBMI":1od6flfq said:
Yes the StRumpjumper is the little known badly spelt version of the Stumpy. It's in my favourite colour with XTR bits, wigglely spokes, over-priced (IMHO) and a touch small for me.

For some reason black paint around the seat tube which I'd guess is evidence of an alloy post glued into chromoly frame. I bet someone tried heat and melted the lovely blue paint (I'm colour blind so it might be mint green for all I know).

It would be great if someone could save the patina on this but my guess is a full resto is the only option.

See below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPECIALIZED- ... SwrohenvE0

And gone

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was feeling particularly strange one day and offered him £260 for it and was ignored. Then he put the price up and it's still lurking around the 'bay.
*fun fact- all his listings end with an 8!

Hotwheels.":1pf8lfpt said:
I was feeling particularly strange one day and offered him £260 for it and was ignored. Then he put the price up and it's still lurking around the 'bay.
Offer £268, you might get lucky

I actually feel sad looking at this bike. Someone must have loved it once :cry:

Hotwheels.":109xyex9 said:

I had to check that out. And not quite correct. Anything below £20 is priced at £12. So lots of eights, and quite a few twelves.

Back