Couple of Marins: Team Issue & Team Titanium

Re:

Asked for a serial number on the titanium one but chap says there isn't one on the frame.

Re: Re:

Ed74":3av7phfo said:
Asked for a serial number on the titanium one but chap says there isn't one on the frame.

Same here, i was bidding on it until then and backed out also when it shows private listing where normally it shows who is bidding puts me off.

Re:

Just purchased a Yo from the Team owner. If the Team is as mint as the Yo, it’s well worth a look!

Re:

That Team Ti indeed went very cheaply. They are very very rare. That’s a 1990 or 1991. The reason the guy couldn’t find the serial number is that it is a four digit number on the rear RH dropout. That’s a Litespeed two hole dropout frame. I would very much have liked to know the serial number since I have the numbers of the few bikes of known provenance. I only know of three in England, one of them being mine. A rather prominent one is in Switzerland.

That one looks very original and is a real keeper.

Re:

I actually think the price is ok, but not a steal. What is the buyer getting? A very used bike that apparently has not seen much love. Sure the frame is great and rare, but the rest? Just about every part has rust on it, some beyond salvagable I would think. Definitely needs a ton of work ...

Back