Raleigh Maverick £1800

Re:

Where's the photos of this masterpiece??
Pretty sure I saw a Maverick for sale near me for £50 not long ago, and that was all original!!

Re:

Nice frame but crazy price. Also rear end is sprung, fair play on the vendor for being open about it, but not ideal

Re:

The rear wheel is spaced wider than the original and has been persuaded to fit in the frame, it has been like this for about 3 months and has been ridden just under 40 miles with this set up.
If this is a concern please don't bid.

I’m going to guess that that won’t be the main reason people don’t bid for this insanely priced abortion. The frame may be rare, but then so are white dog turds these days, doesn’t mean they fetch a fortune on eBay.

£50 frame, £300 parts. Secondhand parts so halve it. Damaged frame with wheel forced in, so halve that too = £175, and that still sounds too high.

Re:

Price/components/hipster makeover aside is the £1800 Maverick a different beast to this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124335506522

The £1800 one looks like the frame is better quality - lugs/dropouts etc. Not saying it hat justifies the price just didn’t realise there were different flavours of Mavericks or have I got that wrong?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Sbdu Mavericks are a thing but only 3 people in the world give a fig. None of them have £1800 to burn on this!

Re:

Now that really is a donkey with lip gloss

Getting bored of all these overpriced overhyped bangers sold by guys who know jack crap about the actual history of Uk mtb

Back