anyone know what this is?

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

haha...

I didn't get that vibe... looks more of a hide the logos to make it look like a pice of crap so it doesn't get stolen job to me.

Frame looks quite nice (and unusual) underneath it all... and if it came with STX it must be something half decent.

Been keeping half an eye out for an interesting steel framed 90s hybrid and it's surprising how little turns up...

£100 is probably a bit steep but it does say offers...

It's what happens when you use the chainstay to reach that jar on the top shelf :shock:

Re:

dyna-ti":un4x5k3m said:
It's what happens when you use the chainstay to reach that jar on the top shelf :shock:

Haha. It's unusual, right? I suppose it keeps the chain away from the frame... stops you needing a chainstay protector?

Definitely a bit of an oddity. As you say the frame looks unusual and the STX drive train suggests a certain level of quality - but the brakes, finishing kit and front mech look out of place (and from a cheaper bike).

The wheels don't match either.

Re:

didn't Schwinn gave a patent on those low chainstays for theur mountain bikes in the early/mid 90ies? not sure they made hybrids though ...

Re: Re:

Captain Stupido":1zsmmpyj said:
dyna-ti":1zsmmpyj said:

Haha. It's unusual, right? I suppose it keeps the chain away from the frame... stops you needing a chainstay protector?
Bit of a Heath Robinson approach to it though :LOL:.

Wrap a bit of rubber around it :? , or completely redesign it, utilizing a custom bent tube. Which by its extra length is heavier.

I'll wager thats from the 60's or 70's and the designers spent most of their working day doped up to the eyeballs.

Re:

It doesn't look anything special, and probably newer than it looks,, the dropped chainstay is what makes me think that. I think the stx parts have been added later to replace worn out cheaper components.
Seems pricey for an unknown hybrid bike tbh.

Latest posts

Back