1992 Pantera Al badged as a Zaskar?

Re:

I was looking at this (deffo not buying ) and wondered why it looked a little off. I’m not up on the early Zaskars (-95) but it’s dropouts look different. Maybe you are right but it won’t be selling at £600 anyway

Re:

But it has a flat end cap and zaskar decals, so it must be a zaskar, surely....?

Despite it not having a replaceable mech hanger, and the serial number starting with, and having letters in it and not just numbers, it must be a zaskar...

Is it a....... :LOL:

Re:

‘91 & ‘92 Zaskars used the same style dropouts - no replaceable mech hanger. This isn’t one of those though - H2 serial number denotes Hodaka (Taiwan) built 1992 Pantera. They’ve done a good job of polishing it!

Re:

The mech hanger on the first ones wasn’t replaceable I don’t think but the serial is the giveaway.

Re:

So who spooked the seller?

He's now added a photo from when he 'brought it' , displaying very blurred Zaskar decals. So now the mugged becomes the mugger.

Re: Re:

d8mok":21opzy3l said:
.........the serial is the giveaway.

Spot on ^ if it went legal the serial number would be the only info needed
Hence why manufacturers use them

I bought a pile of shite racing bike Raleigh Winner with foam handlebar covers when I was 15 and found a Reynolds 531 Decal to apply shortly after getting it to replace the Raleigh gas pipe one - perhaps the seller would like to buy that from his profits and claim as it was done in 1985 by the original owner it has to be genuine :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

And by coincidence same frame number too

Joking apart at least he’s done the right thing and not tried to rip someone off who doesn’t know.

Latest posts

Back