Paul Donohue Steel Mountain Bike

Yes, good price for a Donohue frame.

I would want to know more about it though, its history and see more pics of it. Hard to see much from those little pics. Like was it originaly built as a singlespeed or modified, is it filet brazed, and original paint, that sort of thing.

Re:

That’s ace, I think that might have once belonged to Gil on here? Looks familiar....

If it is it was a dedicated SS frame from the start, if I remember correctly :)

Re:

Wow, very nice, id love that

If that’s local to you, even if you don’t love it, you could tidy it up slightly and flip it on eBay for double that

Total bargain

Re:

I confess, I've been in touch with the seller - he seems a cool bloke and will post for £40 if anybody is interested. I did get permission from him that I would let those on here know, so he is aware.

The bike was known as the 'Idoru' by the way, I'm 99% sure it was Gil's old steed. Definitely SS specific and maybe a one off?

I just couldn't quite bring myself to add this to the fleet in the end, much as I really wanted this - I'm trying to trim the number of bikes I have/swap across parts whilst I have some time and finish my blooming Pace after 8 years! Hopefully somebody can get this sorted :cool:

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":n6ewo91z said:
I confess, I've been in touch with the seller - he seems a cool bloke and will post for £40 if anybody is interested. I did get permission from him that I would let those on here know, so he is aware.

Aye, I've been in contact with him. Not sure though if I want to go forward or not. Was looking for a multi gear bike and was tempted to turn this into one with the 3x27 parts I have sitting. Given though that it was built specifically to be Single Speed bike, not sure what work would be required to convert it.

Might just stick to the work I'm currently doing on a Univega Alpina 506 bike I've got sitting. Just can't decide now if I want to get it resprayed or not. Some surface rust to its frame that I'm not sure if T-Cut will get rid of.

Re:

I don’t think it would make sense to turn this into a geared bike unless you are thinking hub gears, there’s millions of bikes out there already with a rear mech hanger and vertical drops, a lot less hassle all round

The beauty of this is it’s combination of simplicity and quality.

Back