1999 Caldera sold for £86

Anthony

Retrobike Rider
I can't believe you all let this go for such a pittance, anybody could have fixed those little faults easily. If I'd known nobody was interested I'd have bought it myself, even though it's too big for me. Should sell for £250-300 once sorted.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0293363929

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
:LOL: I love your dedication to the Kona brand. Everytime one sells cheap (which is quite a lot) you post with an "I can't believe this went for that" comment.... I would have thought that you'd start to get the picture by now :LOL:

(posted with tongue firmly in cheek and a hope that the sense of humour isn't lost on the Kona Fanboys currently residing here)

Kona caldera

It just shows how much you limit your market if you can't send your bike or frame!

I never even saw this one and I'm always on the lookout for a steel kona.

Russell":102rfubt said:
:LOL: I love your dedication to the Kona brand. Everytime one sells cheap (which is quite a lot) you post with an "I can't believe this went for that" comment.... I would have thought that you'd start to get the picture by now :LOL:
(posted with tongue firmly in cheek and a hope that the sense of humour isn't lost on the Kona Fanboys currently residing here)
Yoy can't claim you're being humourous if you use insulting language like 'fanboys'. That's the kind of thing you get on teenage sites.

It was a mint Fire Mountain that went on a £110 BIN the other week. Crazy. I had been watching this Caldera out of interest too and couldn't believe it either. The strange thing is, about a month ago it went for 145 quid, but obviously the deal fell through, and all they got was 86 second time round.

A good looking Cinder Cone 1992 went for 140 tonight. Looked underpriced too.

I'm a long time lurker - first post - but Anthony; your Kona knowledge is incredible and I thank you for all your info and opinions when I was researching my recent Fire Mountain 94 and Cinder Cone 93 purchases! Cheers to one and all.

Anthony":29x3cjnd said:
Russell":29x3cjnd said:
Yoy can't claim you're being humourous if you use insulting language like 'fanboys'. That's the kind of thing you get on teenage sites.

I guess this is a teenage site then...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... y&start=15

To quote JV from the thread above.. whats wrong with fanboy?

I promise I won't post anything again that would require anyone to have a sense of humour, especially where Konas are concerned.

konahed":2ibcanqq said:
Was the Caldera a steel frame? Replacement for the Kilauea or something?
Yes it was steel, but it was more a replacement for the steel Cinder Cone than the Kilauea, as the Cinder Cone (which was last made in steel in 98 ) was made of generic 4130 cromoly like the Caldera.

The 98 and 99 Calderas had slightly lighter stays but were otherwise similar to the 98 Cinder Cone, whereas the 98 Kilauea (the last in the line, sadly) was made out of heat-treated Reynolds 631. Although I don't know its weight for certain as I've never owned one, I would guess it was a quarter of a pound or more lighter than the Caldera and if earlier Kilaueas are anything to go by the difference would be noticeable in the ride quality.

The 1998 Kilauea is quite rare but there's one in size 19 for sale at present, here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0295280173

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back