Twin crown Judy FSX....?

Spudly

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Erm has anyone seen anything like these before, I certainly havent..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153954481659

Lowers look good but they have been converted into twin crown/triple clamp, forks, doesn't even look like a rock shox lower crown, although I was thinking it could have been a set of Judy xl forks that surrendered their uppers, stanchions are the wrong colour aren't they?

Are they actually a thing that I've never come across before, or is it a homebrew special with a hefty price tag :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

They are indeed legit, usually only seen on team bikes in 95/96 season, just before the boxxer came out.
They are very rare and would have been seen on only a fee of the top riders bikes at that time. Probably worth the money but sadly I dont have a bike that would suit them. The crowns are unique and custom fabricated, again a precursor to the boxxer.

They were only made for a year as The DHO and then the Boxxer followed in quick succession

I've sent them a message on ebay to let them know and asked how they arrived at the price which is ludicrous to be fair

Re:

Seller notes: “These are off my ex team spare bike. Rare and in excellent condition. Were fitted with Spinergy wheels.”
Whether true or not, who knows; but they have an origin.

Re:

Mate, my Judy's and Boxxers came off bikes I raced, I wouldnt put much stock in that

I've told them how much each sold for new - the Firestarter kit was like £180 and the Judy was £400ish so even together they are not £750

They told me "I asked a guy at Bikeradar and he said £750" - shows what Bikeradar knows to be honest

Re:

Well everyday is a school day, I'd never seen, nor heard of the firestarter kit before, pretty cool but even with some fsx forks on the bottom, still not worth that in my eyes!

I have two sets of fsx forks, one came on my jmc rep when I bought it, and I bought a near mint set from a lovely chap on a retro fb page a couple of months back for £300, which seems to be the going rate for them.

Good luck to the seller though, I just hope nobody hits 'BIN' after a few beers and whilst wearing rose tinted Oakleys :LOL:

Re: Re:

boxxer":1fvmh1bg said:
Mate, my Judy's and Boxxers came off bikes I raced, I wouldnt put much stock in that

I've told them how much each sold for new - the Firestarter kit was like £180 and the Judy was £400ish so even together they are not £750

They told me "I asked a guy at Bikeradar and he said £750" - shows what Bikeradar knows to be honest

the stock judy xc RRP was around £350. the judy SL & specialized FSX were more like £550 RRP. they were all heavily discounted a short while after. I had a set in 97.

Back