Kona Cinder Cone P2's with Buy Now

Re:

So he's upped the price by a tenner since listing. He's also not answered my question about the seat tube.

The seat tube appears shorter than normal and if you look closely a pic 9 it appears that a cut has been made in the side of the seat tube running down just below the seat clamp... Something to be aware of for potential buyers.

Re: Re:

Matty538":tg4yb0d8 said:
So he's upped the price by a tenner since listing. He's also not answered my question about the seat tube.

The seat tube appears shorter than normal and if you look closely a pic 9 it appears that a cut has been made in the side of the seat tube running down just below the seat clamp... Something to be aware of for potential buyers.

Excellent spot and correct, it's been cut at some point. Prospective owners will need to ride this with as little seat-post showing as possible to avoid extra stress on the seat-tube top-tube join.

Re:

My guessing is that this one has had a rather brutal seatpost removal at some point..there's definitely a fair chunk missing there.

There are many better bikes out there to splurge £310 on in my opinion...

Re:

Obviously I meant the Seat Tube... :roll:

Not a deal-breaker tbh, can easily be repaired but price creeping up it's not looking very attractive to me!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 1,839
Re:

Well at least he replied, I've still not heard from him. To be fair after seeing that damage I lost interest, even before he started increasing the price. I notice he's not updated the listing, I suspect he knows exactly what's happened and he's trying to hide it.

I'm going to have to keep my eye on you Graham, it appears we are after a similar bike.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Matty538":3pzkwjgj said:
I'm going to have to keep my eye on you Graham, it appears we are after a similar bike.
Lol... yeah after one mate but think I'll shelve the idea until next year now tbh, wait until the prices steadies down a bit.
If one comes up locally at a reasonable price I may be tempted, other than that I'll wait!
G

Re:

I have a 19" Kona Cinder Cone frame for sale! No forks but bb, seatpost, Kona brake levers and Ritchey canti brakes are all there.....

Back