Kirk Revolution - Fair Price or OTT?

jon_918

Devout Dirtbag
I know there's mixed opinions about these bikes, but I've always wanted one...

Is the asking price a bit much? I know things are only worth what you're willing to pay but just thought I'd ask... Thanks,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224008247768

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

The one's I've seen don't normally go for much above £200, if that. They're normally lower spec than this one, and usually, no where near as nice.

Honestly, I could be proved wrong, but I don't think it will sell at that price.

Re:

As much as I love Kirks, they were a low to middle end bike at best back in the day. I think LX was probably the highest spec, more often they're Altus equipped.
This one looks in great condition, and has LX and the Manitou fork upgrade, but, its still a Kirk underneath all that.
My opinion is that it's at least twice the starting price it should be.

Re: Re:

jimo746":2hx7gihl said:
As much as I love Kirks, they were a low to middle end bike at best back in the day. I think LX was probably the highest spec, more often they're Altus equipped.
This one looks in great condition, and has LX and the Manitou fork upgrade, but, its still a Kirk underneath all that.
My opinion is that it's at least twice the starting price it should be.

Jims spot on the LX was the top spec and should have a quality Reynolds fork as per the catalogue on my build pg --> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=361267&start=50#p2696048

For a Kirk it is one of the rare ones .... but its still a Kirk wearing a set of working Manitou II

I rolled mine in glitter and full XT and whilst it gets lots of attention its still a Kirk and more of a novelty act than a serious contender, that said I would sell almost all of the fleet before parting with it.

price wise - its a nice example but unless the frame is still stiff as a board and the reinforcement hasn't become unbonded - your paying through the nose for the forks on this one and to be honest it's highly unlikely to sell at anywhere near that price and by the sounds of it the seller has invested in it emotional hence the value he's placed upon it.

The only positive with having that sky high price tag it will stop the likes of GrannyGear and RetroHeaven buying it and breaking it for the components to flip a profit.

Attachments

• #28 Retro Spuds Kirk.jpg
    #28 Retro Spuds Kirk.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 2,963
Back