HALSON DESIGNS Inversion Suspension Fork w SuperStruts !!!

justcallmebill

Retro Newbie
HALSON DESIGNS Inversion Suspension Fork w SuperStruts -- vintage/mint condition

Selling an extremely rare, never used / unmounted HALSON DESIGNS Inversion Suspension Fork / aka 'The Big Black Fork' as it was called back in the day. I challenge you to find one in this condition anywhere in the world!

Stored in a box since the 1990s! The original Halson elastomers were completely shot... so I've retrofitted it with a pair of rare SuperStruts (also never used) from that era. It also includes a custom machined aluminum spacer, with elastomer preload in each stanchion, on the original issue Halson skewers. Aside from the original elastomers, it is in mint vintage condition -- please see all pics! Halson numbered them, and this appears to have #329 on it. This fork accepts cantilever brakes, of course, is for 26" tires, and the 1 1/8" steerer tube is a full 10 inches long... uncut & never mounted -- perfect for that vintage rebuild!

It was part of a project that never happened. I would love to sell this historically significant inversion suspension fork to someone that appreciates how extremely valuable it truly is...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HALSON-DESIG ... 4075996447

Thanks for checking it out!

Attachments

• s-l1600A.jpg
    s-l1600A.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 515
  • s-l1600B.jpg
    s-l1600B.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 516
  • s-l1600C.jpg
    s-l1600C.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 514
  • s-l1600D.jpg
    s-l1600D.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 514
  • s-l1600I.jpg
    s-l1600I.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 515
  • s-l1600J.jpg
    s-l1600J.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 513
  • s-l1600K.jpg
    s-l1600K.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 513
  • s-l1600L.jpg
    s-l1600L.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 515
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks, Man. What a great design they were. So far a bidder from Germany has it... a couple days left. Several 'watchers' on the auction. I first saw one in an old retrobike posts from many years ago, then bought the one in the pictures for a project that never really got done. I had a machinist do the aluminum spacer for me for the SuperStruts retrofit, etc.

Thanks, Man. What a great design they were. So far a bidder from Germany has it... a couple days left. Several 'watchers' on the auction. I first saw one in an old retrobike posts from many years ago, then bought the one in the pictures for a project that never really got done. I had a machinist do the aluminum spacer for me for the SuperStruts retrofit, etc.
Mind my asking how much did you eventually sell it for?? Thanks.

Back