GT RTS 16" 1993, chromo rear stay

Folks

I'm having a punt on this one - pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaase don't bid against me.

If secured this will form the basis for a retro DH machine to celebrate my 1st year of DH in masters (And a Descent-world.co.uk article)

If secured this will form the basis for a retro DH machine to celebrate my 1st year of DH in masters (And a Descent-world.co.uk article)

Tell us more? :D

boxxer":2yqic1gh said:
Folks

I'm having a punt on this one - pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaase don't bid against me.

Boy are you lucky I ran out of money with my car breaking down and buying that NOS Tioga Disc Drive ;-)

But neh, I'm a good sport in these... hope you win it. Just as long as I get mine some day next year :cool:

I'm a moderator on www.descent-world.co.uk, parts and bikes tester and occasional race reporter. I've raced DH since the late 90's but missed out on the "proper" glory days as I was too young to seriously give it a go.

I've lusted after the LTS since I picked up my first bike in 91 and there was a polished one like this hanging in the Window. (maybe it was 90!)

So now I'm (almost) 30 and a masters racer I have a new project.

1st race of the SDA season next year will (hopefully) be undertaken on the RTS with Mag 20's and a host of retro parts including Cantis (or HS33's if I can find a rear to match my front).

The story of finding retrobike and buying / building will form part 1 and the race will form part 2. I'm just hoping to survive it!

The big boss of Descent-world, Jon_e has his "Project Lightfoot" and I'll have "Project MasteRTS" we're going to slug it out in Masters - can I beat his modern rig time? who knows......

Back