I guess you've all seen this then, Ibis bow ti... *drool*

Probably on my own here, but I think they look absolutely hideous. I don't get the Merlin NewsBoy either, another pile of ugly.

Hotwheels.":2i31orp5 said:
Probably on my own here, but I think they look absolutely hideous. I don't get the Merlin NewsBoy either, another pile of ugly.

brave statement ^

to be honest there are nicer looking frames and the News boy is an acquired taste that I've yet to acquire.

Anyway if the above is herecy we'll both be burnt at the stake and go up in smoke together

Re: I guess you've all seen this then, Ibis bow ti... *d

I always wanted a NewsBoy.. think I played too much Paper Round on my Spectrum a kid

Re:

i've just build one last year! see link in bio

URT might not be the best suspention solution out there but its fine riding XC and sitting down

Hotwheels.":1qyojcse said:

I'll get the fire started and plant the stake in the ground - burn the witches.

Jokes aside, even as an owner of one, I don't find the aesthetically pretty but I appreciate the engineering and the moment in time when these were created. Allegedly there was originally 269 of them-ish but ibis found them restrictively expensive to manufacturer and of course other suspension designs out gunned them. The ride is very good in a cross country way and its not a downhill bike but, of course goes downhills nicely. Like the newsboy - it is a piece of bike history. This one looks in good condition and whilst some of the build isn't me its very nice. I really should ride mine a bit more.

Re: I guess you've all seen this then, Ibis bow ti... *d

KeepItSteel":1p64t5fa said:
I always wanted a NewsBoy.. think I played too much Paper Round on my Spectrum a kid

Do you mean a newsboy from like this?

Attachments

• 100_3508 b.jpg
    100_3508 b.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 4,119
Hotwheels.":2tt0wgdq said:

You're not on your own, it is ugly. The Newsboy looks OK as a frameset but always end up looking a mess when built up as natiturner just proved.

Back