Kona Hei Hei 1997 18" Gumtree

Re:

Saw this and looked straight away - I'd love another Hei Hei and a good size for me too!

BUT - I need to accept that I'm along way off being able to ride, so best to leave it sadly :(

I also think that, given the spec, you'd be paying at least £1000 for the frame, which to me seems a lot, but maybe I'm behind the times :?:

Cheers
wad

Re: Re:

wadsy":5twn8nrx said:
Saw this and looked straight away - I'd love another Hei Hei and a good size for me too!

BUT - I need to accept that I'm along way off being able to ride, so best to leave it sadly :(

I also think that, given the spec, you'd be paying at least £1000 for the frame, which to me seems a lot, but maybe I'm behind the times :?:

Cheers
wad

It's on the steep side. For me, the fact the OG decals are present and correct is a big plus point. You only need to see some of the others that have come up for sale recently with repro's and they just look naff. The wheel-set and RC36s are a nice touch and for sure, the rest of the kit leaves a lot to be desired.

Tough call but I would be swayed by the "later one" as a breaker for £1500... if it is a later one? no brake stop on a jungle graphic hei hei?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Hei-Hei ... 3057759646

Although that advert doesn't strike me as written by someone who owned that bike.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dablk":140hdrkw said:
Tough call but I would be swayed by the "later one" as a breaker for £1500... if it is a later one? no brake stop on a jungle graphic hei hei?
The Hei Hei for sale in the e-Bay link is a 1994 model.

You'll find it featured in the Kona Titanium Serial Number thread listed as "B19692 – Bullet, Long Seat Tube extension, ’98 Decals."

Pip

Back