Kona Koa 18" 1996

Re:

The 1996 Koa is Burgundy - it's the 1997 that is Gold.

I'm wondering if it is actually a different colour from the U.K. catalogue, similar to the 1996 Explosif and Kilauea. I have seen those two frames in Yellow, and I understand that they are the option available in Spain, or something.

Like you say, it is proper mint!

Pip

Yeah, deffinatly looks more yellow than gold. The '96 yellow though is more of a RS yellow and that looks quite a bit darker, almost a mustard colour.

al-onestare":1bzip9sg said:
So it wasn't my eyes playing tricks but a different colour entirely.
The bike for sale is as you say, a 1996 Koa. I was trying to highlight however that the 1996 Koa are Burgundy (Red Rum) in the U.K. catalogue.

I may have incorrectly assumed that you thought that the bike for sale should be Gold as that is the normal colour of a Koa. The Gold Koa however is the 1997 model.

I probably confused the issue by mentioning a couple of models that were available in alternative colours in Spain. Martin highlighted that the 1995 Kilauea was indeed available in Yellow in Denmark, which again differed from the U.K catalogue.

Anyway, if I haven't confused the shit out of everyone already, the bike for sale is as you say, a different colour entirely from what we normally see on a 1996 Koa.

Pip.

Attachments

• 1996 Koa 19.jpg
    1996 Koa 19.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 328
its def. mint & original - it even bears the original Kona tyres and the grips - put away the barends and there you go :)

first I thought that the brakelevers and the canti brakes look wrong, because in 96 the CURVE OM brakes seems to be standard, but when I checked the 96 brochure I was proofed to be wrong, as there it states STX brakes for the Koa - OK the levers are not, but this was Kona that years; you never know what you got - surprise; surprise :LOL:

btw. 1800 DKK are € 241,- or 207,- brit. pounds

Back