Kona Hei Hei - USA ebay

PeteC":uzmfc66i said:
19". 1994? Nice frame and a few nice bits, but much would need to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kona-Hei-Hei-T ... 1438.l2649
There has been a bit of discussion previously, as this is the third entry on here for this bike - it has been up far sale before.

It is a late 1993 model, with a good example of the 1993 "Lined" Decals on the Downtube. I have also now added it to the Kona Titanium Serial Number List ;) .

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=403542
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=403457

List - Scroll down to Thu Aug 01, 2019:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=396211&start=80

Pip

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
pipmeister":2fht4ng9 said:
PeteC":2fht4ng9 said:
19". 1994? Nice frame and a few nice bits, but much would need to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kona-Hei-Hei-T ... 1438.l2649
There has been a bit of discussion previously, as this is the third entry on here for this bike - it has been up far sale before.

It is a late 1993 model, with a good example of the 1993 "Lined" Decals on the Downtube. I have also now added it to the Kona Titanium Serial Number List ;) .

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=403542
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=403457

List - Scroll down to Thu Aug 01, 2019:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=396211&start=80

Pip

Appreciate all you do here, Pip. Was happy to see my 1998 Hei Hei on your list (KH 18047).

The Hei Hei for sale is almost within driving distance (11 hours round trip). I don't need another Hei Hei or another 1993 frame...but it's tempting.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
PeteC":xx9qm6jf said:
Appreciate all you do here, Pip. Was happy to see my 1998 Hei Hei on your list (KH 18047).

Cheers Pete, it’s good to hear that the list is appreciated :) .

As for your Hei Hei – now that looks stunning :cool: . Kona only painted a few choice Titanium frames, and I was also fortunate enough to get hold of one.

Pip.

pipmeister":1nuqwry2 said:
PeteC":1nuqwry2 said:

Cheers Pete, it’s good to hear that the list is appreciated :) .

As for your Hei Hei – now that looks stunning :cool: . Kona only painted a few choice Titanium frames, and I was also fortunate enough to get hold of one.

Pip.

And cheers to you, too, Pip :cool:

Do you have a backstory on why a few of those 1998s were 2/3 painted in fluoro? The guy I bought mine from said they were used at Sea Otter (or maybe another industry show) and they were painted to make them more difficult to steal. Which one do you have?

Also, happy to see TET 107 on your Hot list. I had it in my possession very briefly. I've got pics if you'd like them. Wish I would've spotted that one first. It was like new.

Re:

I haven’t heard any stories before regarding painting Titanium frames to make them more difficult to steal. I have always assumed that they were an option available to Kona Staff who bought them. Mine (in my signature) seems to have a somewhat unique paint job for a King Kahuna, but it is a fairly common livery!

This was from the guy that I bought it off:
“I got an e mail back from Kona who said it was a 97 King Kahuna. They said the paint was available as a custom option to Kona employees.”

You may recall that you have already seen my bike., as you commented on the first page here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=333553

I’ll send a PM about the TET 107 Hot and give you an e-mail address for some pictures. I’ve got a few of it built up with P2 Forks in what looks like a spare room with a kiddies pink bike and scooter in the background, and a few of it in what looks like a workshop with a Kona 10th Anniversary and a Moots Banners on the wall. My documented records say “owner unknown”, so I can at least put a bit of history to it.

Pip

Back