Trimble

Re:

Unusual to see 2 bolted cable stops like that on the top tube.

Normally don't see the rear-most one, instead the cable rides 'free' from the first stop near the head tube end down to a yoke around the seat tube...

Think I've only seen a red one before in this configuration - possibly the same frame stripped?

Who knows!

Re:

The more I look at this...

Maybe it's the lighting / poor photos, maybe it's because the frame is stripped / naked, but...

The seat tube mast looks 'thicker' than normal, and the head tube looks to be bigger than 1"...?

Also, as an early one with the 3 hole rear drop outs, it's also an 'early, early' one without the cable stop for the rear mech.

And as well as the extra cable stop on top tube / boom, it doesn't seem to have any bottle mounts?

There's always so many variances between Trimble frames over the years, but this one does seem a little more different than usual to my eye!

he wants top money. And this sale is piss poor. Whats with the pictures of the vintage racing podium? If he added the frame number it would help. No wonder he keeps on relisting. 4th time What does that say? He is not getting it is he.

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":3ldnafdg said:
What do you make of the things I've pointed out above Tony?

the two cable stops is odd. It's all very odd. But closer pictures would clear it up. could just be missing small parts? Like the bottle boss bolts and the lower mech cable guide.?? Perhaps he moded it to fit V or Magura brakes? i had 3 guides for Magura. It needs some TLC. But not at that price.

Back