Chas Roberts with campag

Stodgy

Retro Guru
Spotted this lovely looking thing in Kingston upon Thames today in Neal’s wheel’s on London Road.

Campag groupset, Not sure how complete, looks like a very small frame, but could be really nice. Wanted £300 for it but could probably get them down a bit?

Let me know if anyone buys it.

Attachments

• 22C5145E-BF1E-4730-BB7F-C5763366F408.jpeg
    22C5145E-BF1E-4730-BB7F-C5763366F408.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 1,831
Re:

How much did they want for the 95 Kona Humuhumunukunukuapua'a?

Re:

Well worth that money. Looks like brakes, shifters, cranks, headset is Campag at least. Forks look like a Kona p2 which I think Roberts used to modify to smooth the TIG welding with braze - can’t be sure.
Hmmmm....

Nice find. Not too far from me and possibly a good fit for a shorty like me! Don’t have the time or space for another bike, but the Roberts & Campag combo is tugging at my heart strings! :)

Rich":2jedeg72 said:
Great price!

Indeed! The curiosity got the better of me and I contacted Neil’s Cycles, but in hindsight should have contacted them straight away!

A deposit has been taken, so maybe someone on here has reserved it and it may resurface again...

I went into the shop to buy it yesterday afternoon. It had sold that morning and gone...

The guy with the large ear-rings told me that it had been sold for £550, so not quite the bargain price we all thought it was. Still, looked pretty lovely....

rjsdavis":2fh8w8c0 said:
I went into the shop to buy it yesterday afternoon. It had sold that morning and gone...

The guy with the large ear-rings told me that it had been sold for £550, so not quite the bargain price we all thought it was. Still, looked pretty lovely....

Thanks for the update. I knew someone had put a deposit on it a while back, but I rang them x4 times always leaving my contact details as they never responded to emails, but they never came back. Kingston is only about 10 miles from me, but i’m very time poor otherwise I would have gone into the shop.

£550 still a good price for a hand built Roberts with Campagnolo... and we might see it resurface on here...

Back