Kona Hei Hei

mk one":16h18fja said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Titanium-Hei-Hei/233336897601?hash=item3653f68041:g:UeEAAOSwb6Bddoht

I've only just seen this. Sadly the listing has finished, although it seems that it hasn't sold?

I would obviously like to establish the Serial Number, so if anyone (Mark :)) spots a new listing, then I'll write to the seller.

It is a 1998 with original Head Tube and Seat Tube Decals, while the remainder are replica 1995.

Pip

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Yeah thanks. I now have a confirmed Serial Number for it. It is an 18" 1998, and I will add it to the Register when I next update it.

I would say that it has the original '98 Head Tube, Seat Tube and "Handmade Made In U.S.A." Decals, while the Down Tube and Top Tube are replica 1995.

Pip

Re: hei hei.

Interested but not sure on sizing, would that be 16" or 17" to top tube? I'll ask the owner but thought here first, thanks.

Zerothehero":1zaehr7l said:
Interested but not sure on sizing, would that be 16" or 17" to top tube? I'll ask the owner but thought here first, thanks.
You mention 16" and 17" in your post, but I'm not sure where you are quoting this from :? .

The frame is size 18", which is measured from the centre of the Bottom Bracket, to the top of the Seat Tube. Centre of Bottom Bracket to Centre of Top Tube on these 18" frames measures 15". Centre of Seat Tube to centre of Head Tube measures 22".

Pip

Zerothehero":igazs029 said:

Hi, Kona measure to top of the seat tube, so an 18" frame with a sloping top tube.

pipmeister":1ekf7mc6 said:
Zerothehero":1ekf7mc6 said:
You mention 16" and 17" in your post, but I'm not sure where you are quoting this from :? .

The frame is size 18", which is measured from the centre of the Bottom Bracket, to the top of the Seat Tube. Centre of Bottom Bracket to Centre of Top Tube on these 18" frames measures 15". Centre of Seat Tube to centre of Head Tube measures 22".

Pip

:LOL: beat me to it. I think he was wanting measurements to top tube, maybe his other bikes are measured that way!?

mk one":3abpcbsx said:
:LOL: beat me to it. I think he was wanting measurements to top tube, maybe his other bikes are measured that way!?

Rightyho, I see now - The actual clearance (for your tackle) from the centre of the Bottom Bracket to the top of the Seat Tube on an 18" frame is 15 3/4".

My understanding of "Stand Over Height", is the measurement from a midway point along the Top Tube down to the ground. That will be 30" on this bike.

Pip

Back