Roberts

Re:

Bloody shame, the rear brake hanger isnt there. especially as it still has the fork play.

Re:

I got in touch with the buyer ages ago to ask how old it was. I wondered if it was from the v-brake era

He said it had been in the family for years but could no explain any of its history about why no brake hanger and whether it has been repainted or not.

He said he would let it go for £1300 but still too much in my opinion.

Re:

I was half looking at this too as a bit of a one off treat. Head tube looks quite tall for an 18", that said it's all custom of course.

Agreed the price is steep considering that most of the build would be ditched...still tempting though :facepalm:

Re:

It was the fact it had the fork that tempted me. Then I read period reports which didn’t rate the fork too highly. Too stiff apparently. A Pace RC30 reportedly suited these frame better as same torsional stiffness but more fore-aft absorption due to the split crown

Pazaudi’s DB for sale in here is a beaut. I saw it last week and If i had enough spare cash kicking around I’d buy that.

Re: Re:

mheywoo1":1oju3f4j said:
It was the fact it had the fork that tempted me. Then I read period reports which didn’t rate the fork too highly. Too stiff apparently. A Pace RC30 reportedly suited these frame better as same torsional stiffness but more fore-aft absorption due to the split crown

Pazaudi’s DB for sale in here is a beaut. I saw it last week and If i had enough spare cash kicking around I’d buy that.

Thanks Matt, appreciate the compliment.

Re:

Too much, and too big.

One day, one the correct size, with the 753 fork, will land in my lap.

And it'll no doubt be one of the half dozen cast offs that Jez has owned at some point!

Back