Saracen Tufftrax Retro Mountain Bike

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Do you think I would be better of converting this back to 7 speed and having the gears indexed rather than the 10 speed friction?

Re:

I would say so, yes. Especially if the 7 speed set up is original. But even if it's not, going back to the original freehub will make it easier for a buyer to return it to original. I think friction shifting might put potential buyers off too.

(Been loving the Rockhopper, by the way. Think it will be going off to the powdercoaters this week. :D )

Thanks for the input Cassidy. I finally got round to changing it to an 8 speed cassette today which works fine with the 7 speed shifters in indexed mode (secret extra click).

Glad you’re getting good use out of the Rockhopper. Would love to see it when it’s all finished

That did the trick, got it sold for £120 (pending collection). If it hadn't sold it was going to be split...

Back