mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

1997?

18/19" ?

Pip? ;) :mrgreen:

I like it, but a tad pricey? :?

Cheers

KeepItSteel":hfeq9pad said:
1997 19”
Probably worth a fair amount if split.
Yes agree with 1997 19", and probably the best condition example I have seen.

This one has the Downtube Rear Mech routing, so the serial number should be earlier than K19066, which has all Top Tube Cable routing. I will ask the seller.

Pip.

Re:

The serial number is K19011, although it is unconfirmed without a picture.

The seller does have the original shop receipt, so I will see if I can get a picture of that.

Pip

Re:

I think we're talking about this one right?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-ultimate ... SwFd9dG2sq

Still for sale and I checked with the seller, he does want to sell the whole thing. I definitely definitely didn't ask if he'd split ;) :facepalm: :LOL: And I definitely wouldn't purchase the frame at a handsome price if someone on RB bought the whole thing. No. Definitely not.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I wonder what he means by “stronger grade ti”. It’s still 3/2.5 according to the frame decal, not 6/4.

Re:

That particular part of the seller's description is at best poetic license, or perhaps a misunderstanding of the original Spec from Kona, which reads:

Made by Sandvik in 3Al-2.5v Titanium with multi-shaped/gusseted Titanium tubes and oversized chain stays.

With it's Ovalized Top Tube and Bi-Ovalized Down Tube, the King Kahuna was designed to give less flex than the Hei Hei's round tubes. Perhaps the seller has misinterpreted this stiffer frame design as “stronger grade titanium”, which as you point out, it is not.

Pip

Latest posts

Back