Nice little run-around

Re:

Wow...dream bike and so cheap for what it is, a part of British MTB history :cool:

Re: Re:

M-Power":23vvtfek said:
Wow...dream bike and so cheap for what it is, a part of British MTB history :cool:

Not cheap enough, after all it is just a worn out race bike surely

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":2nxao187 said:
M-Power":2nxao187 said:

Not cheap enough, after all it is just a worn out race bike surely

The Joke is, if this was a Yeti ex-team bike, or Tinkers Klein, it would be Four figures plus already.

Go figure.

And the Pros Closet would be clambering all over it for his personal collection so called museum.

What does frustrate me with all things vintage, is the excuse used and sometimes called Patina.

I get that its an old race bike, i get that its had use, it took me a while, but i even understand the want to keep its originality. But what excuse is there for laziness...?

A good de-grease, some careful polishing on all the Campag, a little fettle to those shifters etc, the frame stripped bare of its components, washed cleaned, polished, those cable rollers removed cleaned and reinstalled, it would be a different bike, "Patina" still intact looking a million dollars more and probably running better too.

Im pretty sure, Isla Rowntree wouldnt keep in that condition

Im sure she doesnt shit where she eats.

Re:

Very nice bike, as per Carl, little bit of tlc and this would zing

Isla’s bike probably cheaper than a new Islabike!

Back